Vision and values
Our vision is that children leave school:
- With a set of moral values - respect, empathy, responsibility, honesty, resilience and tolerance.
- Having fulfilled their potential academically and gained a complement of skills - communication, mathematical, scientific, artistic, physical and social.
- With an enquiring and discerning mind and a desire to learn.
- Having developed strong self esteem and high personal expectation.
- With a set of empowering learning skills - independent enquiry, team working, reflective learning, effective participation, self management and resourceful thinking.
Pudsey Lowtown Mission Statement:
At Pudsey Lowtown Primary School we aim to provide a safe, stimulating and inclusive learning environment where every member of our community is valued and respected.
We celebrate the differences in our community and promote equal opportunities for all. We listen to members of the school community and seek to hear everyone’s point of view.
We realise the significant role which parents play as the child’s first educator and welcome the strong partnerships and positive relationships which exist between school and families. We value the opportunity we have to work with parents in ensuring children reach their full potential.
In our happy and caring school we relish the chance to celebrate all achievements and take pride in the opportunities we give children to make a positive contribution to our school and the wider community.
Every member of staff is committed to providing an exciting, relevant and challenging curriculum which is appropriate for individual needs and aims to engage all children through a wide range of teaching and learning strategies. We endeavour to develop key academic skills alongside understanding of our moral values and learning skills through every part of this curriculum and everything we do.
We consider that all members of the school community are on a learning journey together and as a result we are a reflective team which is continually developing its provision and practise in order to give every member of the school community the opportunity to succeed.
Bringing Learning to Life